Venue: Bodicote House, Bodicote, Banbury, Oxon OX15 4AA
Contact: Emma Faulkner, Democratic and Elections Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01295 221953
Declarations of Interest
Members are asked to declare any interest and the nature of that interest which they may have in any of the items under consideration at this meeting.
To confirm as a correct record the minutes of the meetings held on 22 November and 29 November 2022.
To receive communications from the Chairman.
The Chairman to advise whether they have agreed to any item of urgent business being admitted to the agenda.
** Due to the size of the documents, to assist with access and downloading, the appendices to the report are published as supplements to the main agenda **
Report of Assistant Director – Planning and Development.
Purpose of report
To present the draft Cherwell Local Plan 2040 for scrutiny ahead of its consideration by Executive on 19 January 2023.
The meeting is recommended:
1.1 To review the draft Cherwell Local Plan 2040 and identify any comments for consideration by the Executive at its meeting on 19 January 2023.
1.2 To note that the Assistant Director for Planning and Development, will retain delegated authority, in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Planning and Development, to make minor amendments to the draft document, including correcting any typos or formatting errors, up to the start of the consultation.
(1) That having given due consideration to the draft Local Plan 2040, the following comments be made to Executive for consideration:
· The balance of affordable housing included in the plan is not ambitious enough or adequate.
· Clarity and assurance there is no change from the partial review of the Local Plan regarding Frieze Farm in Kidlington and its provision as an alternative Golf Course location.
· It is important that all infrastructure keeps pace with development as well as ensuring satisfactory integration between new developments and established communities.
· The importance of farming in the district has been recognised in the draft, but it should be given more prominence.
· Noting the reference to Bicester Strategic Corridors, consideration should be given to creating a formal Green Belt around Bicester.
· More should be done to maintain the Green Ring around Kidlington.
· Rural allocation of housing should be equitable.
· Executive to assure itself that the wording of policies included in the plan is strong enough, particularly those in relation to Climate Action and viability.
· That Members be given more opportunities to engage, provide feedback and comments during the Regulation 18 consultation.
(2) That it be noted that the Assistant Director – Planning and Development will retain delegated authority, in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Planning, to make minor amendments to the draft document, including correcting of typos or formatting errors, up to the start of the consultation.