Decision Maker: Overview and Scrutiny Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) That having given due consideration to the draft Local Plan 2040, the following comments be made to Executive for consideration:
· The balance of affordable housing included in the plan is not ambitious enough or adequate.
· Clarity and assurance there is no change from the partial review of the Local Plan regarding Frieze Farm in Kidlington and its provision as an alternative Golf Course location.
· It is important that all infrastructure keeps pace with development as well as ensuring satisfactory integration between new developments and established communities.
· The importance of farming in the district has been recognised in the draft, but it should be given more prominence.
· Noting the reference to Bicester Strategic Corridors, consideration should be given to creating a formal Green Belt around Bicester.
· More should be done to maintain the Green Ring around Kidlington.
· Rural allocation of housing should be equitable.
· Executive to assure itself that the wording of policies included in the plan is strong enough, particularly those in relation to Climate Action and viability.
· That Members be given more opportunities to engage, provide feedback and comments during the Regulation 18 consultation.
(2) That it be noted that the Assistant Director – Planning and Development will retain delegated authority, in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Planning, to make minor amendments to the draft document, including correcting of typos or formatting errors, up to the start of the consultation.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Report author: David Peckford
Publication date: 17/01/2023
Date of decision: 11/01/2023
Decided at meeting: 11/01/2023 - Overview and Scrutiny Committee