Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider and recommend to Council the proposed levels of Council Tax discounts and a Council tax Reduction Scheme for the financial year 2022-2023
(1) That the contents of this report and any financial implications for the Council be noted.
(2) That Full Council be recommended to agree:
· the option of no-change to the Council Tax Reduction Income Banded Scheme for Working Age Customers for 2022-23;
· to amend the Working Age Regulations in line with annual uprating; and
· to amend the Council Tax Regulations for pensioners in line with uprating announced by Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities.
(3) That, having given due consideration, Full Council be recommended to agree the following levels of Council Tax discounts and premiums for 2022- 23 as follows:
· Retain the discount for second homes at zero
· Retain the discount for empty homes (unoccupied and substantially unfurnished) at 25% for 6 months and thereafter zero.
· Retain the empty homes premium of an additional 100% for properties that have remained empty for more than 2 years.
Reason Key: Significant Expenditure or Savings and effect on communities in two or more wards;
Corporate Priorities : An enterprising economy with strong and vibrant local centres; Healthy, resilient and engaged communities; Housing that meets your needs; Supporting Environmental Sustainability;
Reason No Public Access: No
Subject to Urgent Proceedings: No
Contact: Michael Furness, Assistant Director of Finance & S151 Officer Email: email@example.com Tel: 01295 221845, Jacey Scott, Interim Revenues and Benefits Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01295 221548.
Report author: Michael Furness
Publication date: 07/12/2021
Date of decision: 06/12/2021
Decided at meeting: 06/12/2021 - Executive
Effective from: 11/12/2021