Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider the car parking pricing policy
(1) That the following proposed car parking changes be noted:
· Increase the 1st hour from £1.10 to £1.20. This will increase income broadly in line with inflation.
· Keep the 2nd and 3rd hour unchanged as parking usage has demonstrated that use has declined and is not competitive with alternative car parking offers.
· Increase the daily charge from £5.00 to £5.50 – an increase of 10p per hour - in line with inflation and as long stay car parks are showing increasing demand from increasing numbers of workers returning to office.
· Increase the ultra short stay from £1.10 to £1.20 for ½ hour. Increase the hour rate from £1.60 to £1.70 in ultra short stay car parks, where it is evidenced that there is increasing demand.
(2) That the publishing of the revised charges be approved.
Reason Key: Significant Expenditure or Savings and effect on communities in two or more wards;
Corporate Priorities : An enterprising economy with strong and vibrant local centres;
Reason No Public Access: No
Subject to Urgent Proceedings: No
Contact: Ed Potter, Assistant Director Environmental Services Email: email@example.com Tel: 01295 227023.
Report author: Ed Potter
Publication date: 04/07/2023
Date of decision: 03/07/2023
Decided at meeting: 03/07/2023 - Executive
Effective from: 08/07/2023