Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To support communities across the Cherwell District to celebrate Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee by establishing a new small grants scheme
(1) That a Platinum Jubilee budget to a maximum of £55,000 from reserves be established.
(2) That the grant scheme and promotional measures be agreed and to authority to administer the grant scheme and enter the grant agreements be delegated as set out below:
· Decision making: Applications will be assessed by the Healthy Communities Manager, and grant awards made by the Assistant Director Wellbeing, in consultation with the Assistant Director Finance as the s.151 Officer, Lead Member for Health and Wellbeing and Leader of the Council or his deputy.
(3) That officers be requested work with colleagues from neighbouring authorities and the Lord Lieutenant’s office to coordinate and join up support for communities planning celebrations.
(4) That officers be requested to curate an online gallery of residents’ photographs celebrating Cherwell over the reign of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
(5) That officers be requested to promote the available local and national funding streams through a co-ordinated communications plan and dedicated webpage with links to the Department of Levelling Up, Housing and Communities information.
Reason Key: Significant Expenditure or Savings;
Corporate Priorities : Healthy, resilient and engaged communities;
Reason No Public Access: No
Subject to Urgent Proceedings: No
Contact: Nicola Riley, Assistant Director Wellbeing & Housing Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01295 221724.
Report author: Nicola Riley
Publication date: 08/03/2022
Date of decision: 07/03/2022
Decided at meeting: 07/03/2022 - Executive
Effective from: 12/03/2022