Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider funding for the OVO Ladies Cycling Tour to enable stages to take place within the district
Reason for Urgency: The item wasn’t included on the work programme as it hadn’t been anticipated previously but a decision is needed to ensure plans for the event aren't delayed. The decision is key due to the value and the Overview and Scrutiny Committee Chairman has been notified accordingly.
(1) That Oxfordshire being a host venue for the OVO Energy Women’s cycle tour in 2019, 2020 and 2021 be supported.
(2) That the principle of an equal share of costs between the county, the four districts and the city council be agreed.
(3) That a budget of £30,000 to pay the council’s share of the costs in 2019 be allocated.
(4) That the Council be recommended to agree to fund the council’s share of the hosting fee for years two and three through the annual budget setting process (2020 and 2021).
(5) That it be agreed that sponsorship, regardless of which partner attracts it, will be used to reduce the hosting costs on an equal basis.
Reason Key: Significant Expenditure or Savings;
Corporate Priorities : Thriving Communities & Wellbeing;
Reason No Public Access: No
Subject to Urgent Proceedings: No
Contact: Graeme Kane, Chief Operating Officer Email: email@example.com Tel: 0300 0030 0101.
Report author: Graeme Kane
Publication date: 02/04/2019
Date of decision: 01/04/2019
Decided at meeting: 01/04/2019 - Executive
Effective from: 06/04/2019