Agenda, decisions and draft minutes


Accounts, Audit and Risk Committee - Wednesday 17 November 2021 6.30 pm

Venue: Bodicote House, Bodicote, Banbury, Oxon OX15 4AA

Contact: Sharon Hickson, Democratic and Elections  Email: democracy@cherwell-dc.gov.uk, 01295 221554

Media

Items
No. Item

39.

Declarations of Interest

Members are asked to declare any interest and the nature of that interest which they may have in any of the items under consideration at this meeting.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

There were no declarations of interest.

40.

Petitions and Requests to Address the Meeting

The Chairman to report on any requests to submit petitions or to address the meeting.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

There were no petitions or requests to address the meeting.

41.

Minutes pdf icon PDF 208 KB

To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 22 September 2021.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The Minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 22 September 2021 were agreed as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.

42.

Chairman's Announcements

To receive communications from the Chairman.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

There were no chairman’s announcements.

43.

Urgent Business

The Chairman to advise whether they have agreed to any item of urgent business being admitted to the agenda.

 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

There were no items of urgent business.

44.

Monthly Performance, Risk and Finance Monitoring Report pdf icon PDF 882 KB

Report of Director of Finance and Head of Insight and Corporate Programmes

 

Purpose of report

 

This report summarises the Council’s Performance, Risk and Finance monitoring positions as at the end of September 2021/Quarter 2. The Committee will focus on the risk elements of the report.

Recommendations

 

The meeting is recommended:

 

1.1             To note the monthly Performance, Risk and Finance MonitoringReport

 

Additional documents:

Decision:

Resolved

 

(1)            That the risk aspect of the monthly Performance, Risk and Finance MonitoringReport be noted.

 

Minutes:

The Director of Finance and Head of Insight and Corporate Programmes submitted a report which summarised the Council’s Performance, Risk and Finance monitoring positions as at the end of September 2021/Quarter 2.

 

The Chairman reminded Members that the Committee was responsible for monitoring the risk aspects of the report.

 

Resolved

 

(1)          That the risk aspect of the monthly Performance, Risk and Finance MonitoringReport be noted.

 

45.

Update on Counter Fraud Annual Plan 2021/22 pdf icon PDF 392 KB

Report of Director of Finance

 

Purpose of report

 

This report presents a summary of activity against the Annual Plan for the Counter-Fraud service at CDC for 2021/22, which was previously presented to the Accounts, Audit & Risk July 2021 committee. The Plan supports the Council’s Anti-Fraud and Corruption Strategy by ensuring that the Council has in place proportionate and effective resources and controls to prevent and detect fraud as well as investigate those matters that do arise.

Recommendations

            

The meeting is recommended to:

 

1.1         Comment and note the summary of activity against the Annual Counter Fraud Plan for 2021/22.

 

Additional documents:

Decision:

Resolved

 

(1)            That the summary of activity against the Annual Counter Fraud Plan for 2021/22 be noted.

 

 

Minutes:

The Director of Finance submitted a report which summarised the activity against the Annual Plan for the Counter-Fraud service at Cherwell District Council for 2021/22.

 

Resolved

 

(1)          That the summary of activity against the Annual Counter Fraud Plan for 2021/22 be noted.

 

 

46.

Treasury Management Report - Q2 (September 2021) pdf icon PDF 423 KB

Report of the Director of Finance

 

Purpose of report

 

To receive information on treasury management performance and compliance with treasury management policy and Prudential Indicators for 2021-22 as required by the Treasury Management Code of Practice.

 

Recommendations

            

The meeting is recommended:

 

1.1       To note the contents of the Q2 (September 2021) Treasury Management Report.

 

Additional documents:

Decision:

Resolved

 

(1)            That the contents of the Q2 (September 2021) Treasury Management Report be noted.

Minutes:

The Director of Finance submitted a report which provided information on treasury management performance and compliance with treasury management policy for 2021-22 as required by the Treasury Management Code of Practice.

 

Resolved

 

(1)          That the contents of the Q2 (September 2021) Treasury Management Report be noted.

47.

Appointment of External Auditors pdf icon PDF 371 KB

Report of Director of Finance

 

Purpose of report

This report asks the Accounts Audit and Risk Committee to make a recommendation to Council for how external auditors will be appointed from the financial year 2023/24.

Recommendations

            

The meeting is recommended to:

 

1.1       recommend to Council to allow Public Sector Audit Appointments (PSAA) to appoint external auditors on behalf of the Council.

 

Additional documents:

Decision:

Resolved

 

(1)       That Full Councill be recommended to allow Public Sector Audit Appointments  to appoint external auditors on behalf of the Council.

Minutes:

The Director of Finance submitted a report requesting the Accounts Audit and Risk Committee to make a recommendation to Council for how external auditors will be appointed from the financial year 2023/24.

 

Resolved

 

(1)       That Full Councill be recommended to allow Public Sector Audit Appointments  to appoint external auditors on behalf of the Council.

48.

Work Programme pdf icon PDF 177 KB

To consider and review the Work Programme.

Additional documents:

Decision:

Resolved

 

(1)          That subject to two items to be added to the January meeting; Annual Governance Statement 2021 Update and External Auditors Annual report and value for money commentary, the work programme be noted.

 

Minutes:

The Assistant Director of Finance informed Members that two more items would be added to the January Meeting: “Annual Governance Statement 2021 Update” and “External Auditors Annual Report and Value for Money Commentary”.

 

The Assistant Director of Finance informed members that a training programme was being devised with training session dates to be confirmed.

 

Resolved

 

(1)          That subject to “Annual Governance Statement 2021 Update” and “External Auditors Annual report and Value for Money Commentary”  being added to the January meeting,  the work programme be noted.