Approved, conditions to be set out in the minutes
The Committee considered application 21/01224/OUT an outline planning application for Automotive Experience Quarter comprising Commercial, Business and Services uses (Class E), Light Industrial (Class B2), Local Community and Learning Uses (Class F) and vehicle circuits (Sui Generis) with all matters reserved aside from that of access) at Land at former RAF Bicester, Bicester, Oxfordshire. OX26 5HA for Bicester Motion.
It was proposed by Councillor Broad and seconded by Councillor Sibley that consideration of application 21/01224/OUT be deferred to allow for a full environmental impact assessment of the whole site to take place.
On being put to the vote the proposal was lost and the motion subsequently fell.
The Committee was advised that Councillor Wood had registered to speak on this application as ward member but since the agenda was published and as reported in the written update, the District Wards covered by the application were amended to Launton and Otmoor only. As Councillor Wood was ward member for Fringford and Heyfords, he was no longer entitled to speak on the application as ward member.
Martin Arroyo representing Stratton Audley Parish Council addressed the Committee in objection to the application.
Dan Geoghegan, agent for the applicant, addressed the Committee in support of the application.
It was proposed by Councillor Broad that application 21/01224/OUT be refused as English Heritage had made a very serious objection and that the reserved matters condition should be removed. There was no seconder to this proposal and the motion fell.
It was proposed by Councillor Reynolds and seconded by Councillor C Clarke that application 21/01224/OUT be approved in line with the officer recommendation but subject to an additional condition for the final wording of conditions 24 and 25 to be agreed in consultation with the Chairman of Planning Committee prior to any planning consent being issued.
In reaching its decision the Committee considered the officer’s report and presentation, the written updates and the addresses of the public speakers.
(1) That authority be delegated to the Assistant Director for Planning and Development to grant permission for application 21/01224/OUT subject to:
i) The completion of archaeological trial trenching and recording.
ii) Public transport matters (including ensuring required connectivity of services)
iii) The completion of a planning obligation under section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as substituted by the Planning and Compensation Act 1991, to secure the following (and any amendments as deemed necessary):
• Highway works 1 (Upgrade to the B4100 Banbury Road / A4095 Southwold Lane / A4095 Lords Lane roundabout junction) – TBC
• Highway works 2 – (Improved connections between the site, Bicester’s train stations and the town centre) - £386,098
• Strategic Transport Contribution – (Dualling of eastern perimeter route, Skimmingdish Lane section) - £283,201
• Public Transport services – (Bus failure payment) – TBC (following further negotiations)
• Traffic Regulation Order (if not dealt with under S278/S38 agreement) - £6,380
• Travel Plan Monitoring Fee - £2,379
• CDC S106 monitoring fee - £1,000
· OCC S106 monitoring fee – ... view the full minutes text for item 118