Approved, conditions to be set out in the minutes
The Committee considered application 21/03565/F for the conversion / extension of a garage to form a1-bed single storey dwelling at 32 Orchard Way, Bicester, OX26 2EJ for Mr Adrian White. This was a resubmission of application 21/00790/F.
Mr Stephen Jeacock, neighbour to the application address, addressed the Committee in objection to the application.
Mr Adrian White, the applicant, addressed the Committee in support of the application.
It was proposed by Councillor Sibley and seconded by Councillor Broad that application 21/03565/F be refused as it would have an adverse impact on the street scene as the loss of vegetation to the front of the building would have a detrimental impact to the character of the area. The width of the access to the entrance of the building and the height of the boundary with the neighbour were also brought into question.
The Planning Officer clarified the plans and the Senior Manager Development Management Manager suggested that if a greater level of control were required to overcome the concerns of the Committee additional conditions regarding Boundary Treatment and distance between the access door and boundary could be added.
The proposal for refusal was subsequently withdrawn.
It was proposed by Councillor Sibley and seconded by Councillor Broad that application 21/03565/F be approved subject to additional conditions to address the boundary with the neighbouring property, 34 Orchard Way, being at least 1.8 metre in height and the access to be no less than 1 metre from the shared boundary.
In reaching its decision the Committee considered the officer’s report and presentation, the written updates and the addresses of the public speakers.
(1) That permission be granted for application 21/03565/F subject to the following conditions and the addition of two further conditions relating to (with the exact wording delegated to officers):
· Boundary treatment on the south west boundary shared with 34 Orchard Way: and
· A compliance condition to ensure that the west facing elevation of the dwelling at the location of the front door was no less than 1 metre from the shared boundary line.
1. The development to which this permission relates shall be begun not later than the expiration of three years beginning with the date of this permission.
Reason - To comply with the provisions of Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended by Section 51 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
Compliance with Plans
2. Except where otherwise stipulated by conditions attached to this permission, the development shall be carried out strictly in accordance with the following plans and documents: Site Location Plan, Block Plan and Drawing Numbers 01998/21/10 (Proposed Elevations) and 01998/21/11 (Proposed Plan).
Reason – For the avoidance of doubt, to ensure that the development is carried out only as approved by the Local Planning Authority and comply with Government guidance contained within the National Planning Policy Framework.
3. The materials to be used for the external walls and roof of the development hereby permitted shall match in ... view the full minutes text for item 123