Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) That the review of the 2021-2022 Budget and Business Planning Process be noted.
(2) That Executive be recommended to incorporate the following proposed improvements into the 2022-2023 Budget and Business Planning Process;
· Review how the Council allocates its resources to ensure they are aligned with the Council’s priorities;
· Carry out additional engagement with residents on the Council’s priorities and services it provides to inform savings proposals;
· Look to ensure that the Capital Budget proposals are developed to the same timeline as the revenue budget proposals and that these are considered earlier in the financial year;
(3) That it be recommended to Executive that a process be introduced for urgent Capital Bids to be considered outside of the normal budget planning process.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Report author: Michael Furness
Publication date: 14/07/2021
Date of decision: 13/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 13/07/2021 - Budget Planning Committee