Venue: Bodicote House, Bodicote, Banbury, OX15 4AA
Contact: Louise Aston / Aaron Hetherington, Democratic and Elections Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01295 221601 / Email: email@example.com, 01295 227956
Appointment of Chairman of the Sub-Committee
That Councillor Douglas Webb be appointed Chairman of the Sub-Committee.
Declarations of Interest
Members are asked to declare any interest and the nature of that interest that they may have in any of the items under consideration at this meeting.
Note: Any Member with a disclosable pecuniary interest will not be able to participate in the hearing, and should therefore notify the Head of Law and Governance in advance so that arrangements may be made for an alternate Member to attend.
There were no declarations of interest.
Report of Public Protection Manager
Purpose of report
To consider an application from Victoria Elkington t/a Munchies for a consent to operate a mobile food unit in the lay by on Bretch Hill (opposite Bramber Close) in Banbury.
1.1 There is no recommendation, but in considering the representations received the committee are asked to bear in mind the following;
• Public Safety – whether the activity represents, or is likely to represent a substantial risk to the public. Factors taken into account will include; obstruction, fire hazard, unhygienic conditions or a danger that may occur when a trader is accessing the site.
• Public Order – whether the activity represents, or is likely to represent, a substantial risk to public order. All traders will conduct themselves in a professional manner.
• Public Nuisance – whether the activity represents, or is likely to represent, a substantial risk of nuisance to the public from noise and/or odour particularly in residential areas.
• Appearance – the stall / vehicle / tables and chairs must be maintained in good condition and be of smart appearance. The general appearance will be considered in order to determine that the business will not have a detrimental impact on the surrounding area.
The Public Protection Manager submitted a report which provided to consider an application from Victoria Elkington t/a Munchies for a consent to operate a mobile food unit in the lay by on Bretch Hill (opposite Bramber Close) in Banbury.
(1) That the application for the grant of a street trading licence in relation to Victoria Elkington t/a Munchies be granted as detailed in the attached decision letter.