Venue: Bodicote House, Bodicote, Banbury, OX15 4AA
Constitution of the Sub Committee
The Membership of the Sub-Committee for this meeting will be Councillors Blackwell, Gibbard and Hallchurch.
Please contact Natasha Clark (01295 221589) or Louise Aston (01295 221601) to tender apologies.
The Membership of the Licensing Sub-Committee for this meeting was Councillors Blackwell (Chairman), Gibbard and Ilott.
Declarations of Interest
Members are asked to declare any interest and the nature of that interest that they may have in any of the items under consideration at this meeting.
Note: Any Member with a prejudicial interest will not be able to participate in the hearing, and should therefore notify the Head of Legal and Democratic Services in advance so that arrangements may be made for an alternate Member to attend.
There were no declarations of interest.
Report of Head of Service 6
To provide an outline of an application to for the grant of a Premises Licence in relation to John Paul II Centre, Causeway, Bicester and detail the representations received from Responsible Authorities and Interested Parties that has resulted in the need for a hearing to determine the application.
There is no recommendation. In considering the representations received and what is appropriate for the promotion of the licensing objectives, the options open to the Sub-Committee are, in broad terms:
(1) approve the application for the grant of a premises licence as submitted
(2) reject the application for the grant of premises licence in whole or part
(3) place conditions on the grant of premises licence and/or require changes to the details of the permissions sought.
04 November 2011
I refer to the hearing of the Licensing Sub-Committee on at which the Sub-Committee considered an application in respect of the above premises for the grant of a premises licence under the Licensing Act 2003. The decision contained in this letter is a decision of the Licensing Authority.
The application for a Premises Licence was granted subject to the following conditions:
· The CCTV system shall incorporate a recording facility which shall be retained and stored in a suitable and secure manner for a minimum of one calendar month. A system shall be in place to maintain the integrity of the recorded image and a complete audit trail maintained. The system will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all signs as required will be clearly displayed. The system will be mainly external and shall be maintained and fully operational at all times;
· A Hire agreement shall be submitted and agreed with ThamesValley police.
· All external doors / windows must be kept closed, other than for access and egress, in all rooms when events involving amplified music or speech are taking place.’; and
· 'The Designated Premises Supervisor or a nominated representative shall be on site for the duration of all events and shall receive and respond to complaints throughout the duration of all noisy events.'
You have a right of appeal against this decision to the Magistrates' Court within 21 days of the date of this letter. The relevant Magistrates Court for the area is;
Northern OxfordshireMagistrates Court
Tel: 01295 452000
Fax: 01295 452050
Finally, if you have any queries regarding this notice, please contact a member of the Licensing Unit on 01295 753744.
Licensing & Vehicle Parks Manager