Venue: Bodicote House, Bodicote, Banbury, OX15 4AA
Contact: Natasha Clark, Legal and Democratic Services Email: email@example.com (01295) 221589
Constitution of the Sub Committee
The Membership of the Sub-Committee for this meeting will be Councillors Edwards, Gibbard and Rose Stratford.
Please contact Natasha Clark (01295 221589) to tender apologies.
Note: Declaration of Interests: Any Member with a prejudicial interest will not be able to participate in the hearing, and should therefore notify the Head of Legal and Democratic Services in advance so that arrangements may be made for an alternate Member to attend.
The Membership of the Licensing Sub-Committee for this meeting was Councillors Gibbard (Chairman), O’Sullivan and Rose Stratford.
Report of Head of Safer Communities, Urban and Rural Services
To provide an outline of an application for the review of the Premises Licence in relation to Moko Bar and Kitchen, 16 Broad Street, Banbury for determination by the Licensing Sub Committee.
There is no recommendation. In considering the application received and what is appropriate for the promotion of the licensing objectives, the options open to the Sub-Committee are, in broad terms:
1. Modify the conditions of the Premises Licence;
2. Exclude a licensable activity from the scope of the Premises Licence;
3. Remove the Designated Premises Supervisor from the Premises Licence;
4. Suspend the Premises Licence for a period not exceeding three months;
5. Revoke the Licence;
6. Any combination of or none of the above.
8 June 2011
Licensing Act 2003, Review Hearing: MOKO Bar and Kitchen, 16 Broad Street, Banbury
I refer to the hearing of the Licensing Sub-Committee held on 7 June 2011, at which the Sub-Committee considered an application for review of the Premises Licence in respect of the above named premises under the Licensing Act 2003. The decision contained in this letter is a decision of the Licensing Sub-Committee.
After considering all the evidence presented and at the hearing and the information contained within the Licensing Officers report, including the application for the review of the premises licence and supporting documentation, the Sub-Committee decided as follows:
The Premises Licence shall be varied as follows:
1) The provision of live music shall be removed from the licence
2) The level of sound within the premises shall be controlled using a sound limiting device calibrated such that it does not allow amplified sound to be produced at a level that would materially interfere with the enjoyment of nearby dwellings. The device shall be approved and set at a level as confirmed in writing by the Anti-Social Behaviour Manager of Cherwell District Council (the Licensing Authority.)
3) The provision of recorded music shall only be permitted between the following times:
10:00am to 11:00pm Monday to Thursday
10:00am to 1:00am Friday to Saturday
11:00am to 11:00pm Sunday
Bank Holidays, Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve as per the current licence.
You have a right of appeal against this decision to the Magistrates' Court within 21 days of the date of this letter. The relevant Magistrates Court for the area is:
Northern OxfordshireMagistrates Court
Tel: 01295 452000
Fax: 01295 452050
Finally, if you have any queries regarding this notice, please contact a member of the Licensing Team on 01295 753744.
Licensing Team Leader