Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider and recommend the proposed level of Council Tax discounts and a Council Tax Reduction Scheme for the 2021-2022 financial year to Council
(1) That the contents of the report and any financial implications for the Council be noted.
(2) That Full Council be recommended to agree the option of a no-change Council Tax Reduction income banded scheme for working age customers for 2021-2022, to amend the Working Age Regulations in line with annual uprating and to amend the Council Tax Regulations for pensioners in line with uprating announced by Minster for Housing Communities and Local Government (MHCLG).
(3) That, having given due consideration, Full Council be recommended to agree the following levels of Tax discounts and premiums for 2021-2022:
· Retain the discount for second homes at zero.
· Retain the discount for empty homes (unoccupied and substantially unfurnished) at 25% for 6 months and thereafter at zero.
· Retain the discount for empty homes undergoing major repair at 25% for 12 months and thereafter at zero.
· Retain the empty homes premium of an additional 100% for properties that have remained empty for more than 2 years.
Reason Key: Significant Expenditure or Savings and effect on communities in two or more wards;
Reason No Public Access: No
Subject to Urgent Proceedings: No
Contact: Belinda Green, Operations Director - CSN Resources Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01327 322182.
Report author: Belinda Green
Publication date: 08/12/2020
Date of decision: 07/12/2020
Decided at meeting: 07/12/2020 - Executive
Effective from: 12/12/2020