Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To set out the council’s approach to post covid recovery
Reason for urgency: Decision non-key.
The Chairman of the Overview & Scrutiny Committee has agreed to waive call-in on this item to ensure no delay to the implementation of the approach
(1) That the contents of the report be noted and the approach to planning for recovery for the immediate, transitional and longer term be endorsed.
(2) That officers be requested to continue to work within the Thames Valley Local Resilience Forum (TVLRF) framework with a specific place-based focus on the needs of Cherwell District within that context.
(3) That it be agreed that the Joint Cherwell District and Oxfordshire County Council’s Member Partnership Working Group co-ordinates all partnership related recovery work.
(4) That the financial impacts be noted and officers be requested to prepare financial and transformational plans which align with the organisation’s policy response to COVID and its impacts and should include refreshing the medium-term financial plan and savings targets, renewing the Council’s corporate plan and undertaking consultation and impact assessments as required.
(5) That it be noted that the Council’s workforce has been key to the Cherwell response to the pandemic and senior officers be asked to ensure there are effective organisational development plans in place to engage, support and develop the workforce to address the short, medium and long-term consequences of COVID-19.
Reason No Public Access: No
Subject to Urgent Proceedings: No
Contact: Claire Taylor, Corproate Director Customers and Organisational Development Email: email@example.com Tel: 0300 003 0113.
Report author: Claire Taylor
Publication date: 17/06/2020
Date of decision: 16/06/2020
Decided at meeting: 16/06/2020 - Executive