Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider the Council Tax Reduction Scheme 2020/21
(1) That the contents of the report and any financial implications for the Council be noted.
(2) That, having given due consideration, the options for a Council Tax Reduction Scheme for 2020-2021 be noted and Option 1 – A new banded income CTR scheme for those of working age - be recommended for a full consultation process to be undertaken.
(3) That, having given due consideration, the following proposed level of Council Tax discounts and premiums for 2019-2020 be recommended to Full Council:
· Retain the discount for second homes at zero.
· Retain the discount for empty homes (unoccupied and substantially unfurnished) at 25% for 6 months and thereafter at zero.
· Retain the discount for empty homes undergoing major repair at 25% for 12 months and thereafter at zero.
· Retain the empty homes premium of an additional 100% for properties that have remained empty for more than 2 years.
Reason Key: Significant Expenditure or Savings and effect on communities in two or more wards;
Corporate Priorities : District of Opportunity & Growth;
Reason No Public Access: No
Subject to Urgent Proceedings: No
Contact: Belinda Green, Operations Director - CSN Resources Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01327 322182.
Report author: Belinda Green
Publication date: 03/09/2019
Date of decision: 02/09/2019
Decided at meeting: 02/09/2019 - Executive
Effective from: 07/09/2019